Council is in the process of developing a draft Local Alcohol Policy (LAP), which will be open for public consultation. Once adopted the LAP will become the guiding document which will assist the District Licencing Committee to make decisions on granting liquor licences within the Ruapehu District.
The LAP will be able to set restrictions on alcohol sale and supply by regulating some or all of the following:
- Trading hours.
- The location of licences, eg, proximity to churches or schools.
- The number of licences in an area.
- Setting conditions of sale, eg, “one-way door policies”, how patrons are informed about transport options, etc.
In developing the LAP Council must consider the following:
- Objective and Policies in the District Plan.
- Number, location and opening hours of premises.
- Any liquor bans that are in place.
- The demographic profile of residents and tourists.
- Indicators of the health of residents.
- The nature and severity of alcohol related problems.
Stakeholders and the public will have an opportunity to influence the final LAP through a consultation phase.
- May - June 2013 Development of draft LAP
- July - August 2013 Public consultation
- September 2013 Provisional Policy
- February 2014 Public notification and release of Provisional Policy
(open to appeal)
- March 2014 Public notification of adoption
|Report to Council on Development of LAP||View
|Register your interest in receiving copy of LAP (opens blank email for you to complete)||View
|Ministry of Justice Website - Alcohol Law Reforms||View
Taumarunui Library Survey Results
The full library survey results, including submitters' feedback and comment, is now available for viewing.. As the majority of respondents voted in favour of supporting the concept of a brand new purpose-built Library/Museum/Archive facility, Council will now develop more concrete options for consultation as part of the Long Term Plan 2012-22. which. runs from 3 April until 4 May 2012.
Library users and other interested parties are urged to make a formal submission as part of this process and support their submission with a presentation to Council if they desire during the Long Term Plan 2012-22 hearings (24, 25, 29 May 2012).
Please use link in "Survey Results" below to view results.
|Whangaehu Valley Road/Fields Track Name- Survey Results||15kb||View
|Whangaehu Valley Road/Fields Track Name||193kb||View
|Taumarunui Library Survey Results - February 2012||171kb||View
|Mardi Gras 2009||267kb||View
|Community Outcomes Survey Results (2008)||103kb||View
|Land Transport Survey (2008)||52kb||View
|Parks and Reserves Survey (2008)||66kb||View
|Solid Waste Survey (2008)||35kb||View
|Ratepayers Living Outside the District (2010)||377kb||View
|Civil Defence Survey (2010)||50kb||View
Do you wish to be on our mailing list for future consultation?
Do you wish to be heard? Please complete the form below to be on the mailing list for all our consultations.
Note that an acknowledgement will appear in red after you press the "submit" button, to indicate that the message has been sent.