Meetings are held from February to November and early in December, in the Council Chamber at the Taumarunui or Ohakune Office. From time to time, Council meetings will be held in other locations, such as local marae. Two Council meetings are held each month, as follows:
- A meeting to consider Finance and Policy matters is held in the Council Chamber, Taumarunui, on the second Tuesday commencing at 10.00am.
- A meeting to consider other Council business is held on the last Tuesday, commencing at 10.00am in either the Taumarunui or Ohakune Council Chamber.
Community Board/Ward Committee Meetings
Community Board and Taumarunui/Ohura Ward Committee meetings are held as follows:
- National Park Community Board - six weekly on a Wednesday (excluding January and July) in the Council Chamber, Huia Street, Taumarunui, at 9.00am.
- Waimarino-Waiouru Community Board - first Thursday of the month (excluding January and July) in the Council Chamber, Ayr Street, Ohakune, at 6.00pm.
- Taumarunui/Ohura Ward Committee - second Thursday of every second month, commencing in February, in the Council Chamber, Huia Street, Taumarunui, at 1.00pm.
Agendas and Minutes for Meetings
All meeting Agendas and Minutes are available on here approximately two days before the meeting.
Public Attendance at Meetings
Members of the public and Press are welcome to attend the public parts of meetings. Following normal meetings, any public-excluded business will be attended to and the public and the Press are requested to leave the meeting.
A Public Forum is scheduled at the beginning of each Councill, Community Board and Ward Committee meetings.
Up to three minutes are allowed to speak on any matter.
- Permission of Chairperson is required for anyone wishing to speak.
Deputations may be received by the local authority or any of its committees, provided an application setting out the subject, has been lodged at least two working days before the meeting and has been approved by the Chairperson.
- Not nore than two members of the deputation may address the meeting - ten minute limit total.
- Every petition must be less than 50 words (not including signatories) and not be disrespectul, use offensive language or include malicious statements.
- Five minutes speaking time will apply.
Members of the public are not permitted to speak at any other time during meetings, unless invited to do so by the Chairperson.
- Those who have made submissions during a consultation process (eg, Annual Plan, Long Term Plan, Bylaw and Policy Reviews, etc) are entitled to speak to Council on their submission, if they so desire.
- Not more than two persons may address the meeting on a particular submission.
- A limit of ten minutes is placed on a speaker making a submission or, if there are two members addressing the meeting, ten minutes in total for the two speakers.
Copies of Printed Material
- 20 copies of printed material are required for Council meetings and Consultation Hearings.
- If you do not have a printer, please arrive at least 15 mins before your scheduled time and ask staff to arrange copies for you.
- PowerPoint presentations must be deliver or emailed to Council's Executive Assistant at least two days before the meeting. This is to allow time for the data to be virus-checked and loaded onto Council's computer system, ready for use.
- Note that the projector in the Taumarunui Council Chamber is rear-mounted and laser pointers do not usually work on it. The Ohakune Council Chamber projector is not rear mounted.