Meetings are held from February to November and early in December, in the Council Chamber at the Taumarunui or Ohakune Office. From time to time, Council meetings will be held in other locations, such as local marae. Two Council meetings are held each month, as follows:
- A meeting to consider Finance and Policy matters is held in the Council Chamber, Taumarunui, on the second Tuesday commencing at 10.00am.
- A meeting to consider other Council business is held on the last Tuesday, commencing at 10.00am in either the Taumarunui or Ohakune Council Chamber.
Community Board/Ward Committee Meetings
Community Board and Taumarunui/Ohura Ward Committee meetings are held as follows:
- National Park Community Board - six weekly on a Wednesday (excluding January and July) in the Council Chamber, Huia Street, Taumarunui, at 9.00am.
- Waimarino-Waiouru Community Board - first Thursday of the month (excluding January and July) in the Council Chamber, Ayr Street, Ohakune, at 6.00pm.
- Taumarunui/Ohura Ward Committee - second Thursday of every second month, commencing in February, in the Council Chamber, Huia Street, Taumarunui, at 1.00pm.
Agendas and Minutes for Meetings
All meeting Agendas and Minutes are available on here approximately two days before the meeting.
Public Attendance at Meetings
Members of the public and Press are welcome to attend the public parts of meetings. Following normal meetings, any public-excluded business will be attended to and the public and the Press are requested to leave the meeting.
If you wish to speak at a meeting, please contact the Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive on 07 895 8188 at least two weeks prior to the meeting.
Public Forum - A Public Forum is scheduled at the beginning of each Councill, Community Board and Ward Committee meetings. Up to ten minutes are allowed to speak on any matter.
Deputations - Deputations (ie, people wishing to speak to an item on the Agenda) are normally scheduled immediately after the Public Forum section of Council, Community Board and Ward Committee meetings. Up to ten minutes are allowed for each deputation.
Members of the public are not permitted to speak at any other time during meetings, unless invited to do so by the Chairperson.