The key objectives of the role include:
- Promoting Ruapehu to potential investors'
- Assisting potential investors and existing businesses looking to grow to achieve their goals,
- Providing introductions and coordination between new or existing businesses, other stakeholders or sector interests and,
- Providing feedback to help Council simplify and improve its regulatory and compliance processes.
Peggy supports Council's key goals of creating and retaining jobs and growing incomes in Ruapehu. She supports Council's focus on driving and supporting the development of safe, prosperous rural communities that are able to capitalise on our agriculture, business and tourism sectors while sustaining our beautiful environment.
Peggy's role is part of Council's commitment to a ‘business friendly’ culture whereby any potential investor or business is able to come into Council and say ‘this is what we are planning or would like to achieve’ and get assistance to successfully navigate their way through any red tape or other consent requirements.
If you are...
- Starting a business,
- Looking to expand,
- Don't know who to talk with,
- Want to understand Council's processes or,
- Need help with the red tape
Contact Peggy at Council for a confidential chat on how Council can help.
Taumarunui 07 895 8188 or Ohakune 06 385 8364
Mobile 027 807 5305