Taumarunui-Manunui Draft Spatial Plan
The draft Spatial Plan for Taumarunui and Manunui townships provides a blueprint for the growth and development priorities for the townships and how they want to get there.
It reflects key community wants around the need for more housing, jobs and opportunities, appropriate community properties and facilities, protection of productive land, the environment and areas of cultural and historical significance.
In getting to this point we have worked closely with Ngāti Hāua, Ngāti Maniapoto and Ngāti Tuwharetoa to embed mana whenua values, interests and aspirations in the Spatial Framework approach.
The overall outcome is a plan for Taumarunui/Manunui that enables the creation of well-connected and thriving communities with improved well-being, where the aspirations of tangata whenua and the ‘principles’ of the Treaty of Waitangi are recognised.
Spatial Plan objectives
To promote a long term and co-ordinated approach to growth and infrastructure planning in the Taumarunui/Manunui area by:
- Outlining a vision and priorities for growth
- Establishing an overall spatial strategy for the area sustainable enough to meet future challenges, and
- Identifying broad locations for future growth and development including for critical infrastructure, services and other investment
Council is now seeking feedback on the draft Spatial Plan.
The consultation is open from Tuesday 10 May to Friday 10 June
In the Document Links panel below you can view and download the:
- Consultation Document - an over view of the key issues and ideas inc. feedback form
- Full Draft Taumarunui/Manunui Spatial Plan
- Background evidence that supports the draft Spatial Plan thinking - Taumarunui/Manunui Spatial Plan Foundation Document
- Feedback Form in fillable pdf format