Human Resources Manager
The Human Resources (HR) Manager is a key member of the Senior Management team and will provide day to day HR support to the activity managers; coaching, guiding and mentoring them to get the best out of their people. The role has a high operational focus on the employee life cycle - from recruitment and on boarding to exit and there huge scope to build and develop employee engagement initiatives; develop high performing teams through supporting their leaders.
This is hands on HR role, as the sole operator, you will get 'stuck in', understand the people and make a difference. The role will also involve:
- Supporting managers and employees on all employee information and HR processes;
- Supporting engagement initiatives and culture development programmes;
- Hands on support in recruitment, selection, performance management and induction processes;
- Health and Safety Co-ordination for H&S Committee, culture development supporting initiatives, and H&S reporting;
- Preparing high quality and timely reports and documentation;
- Developing effective relationships with all parts of the business
To be successful in this role, you will be tertiary qualified and have experience at a Senior HR Advisory or HR Management level. You will be a natural relationship builder and leader who can easily gain the trust of teams and stakeholders. You will have the ability to operate independently and bring a high degree of personal resilience, humour and pragmatism to making things happen.
Local Government experience would be ideal but more importantly you'll enjoy working with many teams; have an approachable and engaging manner and a real passion for best practice people practices. Of course you will have strong Microsoft office skills including Excel; and a strong understanding of NZ employment and H&S legislation.
An appointment for this role will be made when the right candidate is found, so do not delay! Only applicants with the required skills, experience and qualifications will be considered.
For a confidential discussion on your suitability for the role please contact Leeann Clark, Human Resources Manager on 021-891-562 or apply to email@example.com