Council's Values Charter
Council's focus is to:
Drive and support the development of safe, prosperous rural communities that are able to thrive and capitalise on our agriculture, business and tourism sectors while sustaining our beautiful environment.
Our mission is to promote an environment which is sustainable, enhances the quality of life, and meets the needs of our present and future citizens and visitors to the Ruapehu District.
- Creating and retaining jobs,
- Growing incomes and opportunities,
- Increasing the ratepayer base,
- Providing sustainable infrastructure,
- Providing value for money in all we do,
- Ensure the people who benefit from Council spending contribute their fair share of the costs,
- Working with government and others to gain funding for key projects so as to reduce the financial burden on Ruapehu ratepayers.
- Strong leadership and advocacy
- Safe, healthy communities
- Thriving economy
- Vibrant and diverse living
- Thriving natural environment
Delivering Real Solutions:
A commitment to approaching every customer and community with the desire to find a satisfying solution to their needs, for a win-win relationship.
Integrity and Credibility:
This includes doing what we say we will do, when we say we will do it and in an ethical manner.
The satisfaction and excitement of achieving better results and outcomes than before and stretching our capabilities.
Respect for Each Other:
The embracing of diversity and enhancing of better outcomes and relationships through openness, sharing, trust, teamwork and involvement.
The Courage to Lead Change:
Accepting the responsibility to deliver positive chance and continuously questioning and striving for improvement in efficiency, and to delivery more for less on behalf of our communities and customers.