The Annual Plan is prepared in years two and three after the adoption of the Long Term Plan (LTP). It outlines exceptions to what was forecast for those years in the LTP. As time goes by, unexpected things may occur that mean that adjustments need to be made to the plans, both in terms of projects and finances. Here's how the process works:
- Council adopts the Long Term Plan (LTP) a strategic document forecasting the finances and projects of Council for ten years. This document is reviewed and updated every three years.
- The current LTP is for the 2021-2031 ten year period and was adopted in 2021.
- The first year of expenditure (2021-2022) is written in the LTP.
- The second and third years are reviewed, and if needed, changes are made through a consultation process with the community.
- If there are no material changes from what was forecast in the LTP the Annual Plan remains the same and Council is not required to consult. (Under the Local Government Act 2002.)
For Annual Plan editions earlier than those shown below please contact Council by email HERE.