Ruapehu Citizen of the Year Awards
Ruapehu District has two annual Citizen Awards.
- Waimarino-Waiouru Citizen Award.
- Northern Ruapehu Award (encompassing the Ōhura, Taumarunui and National Park Wards).
The Waimarino-Waiouru Award's recipient is decided by the Waimarino-Waiouru Community Board.
The Northern Ruapehu Award is decided by a committee comprising the Ōhura Ward Councillor and Chairpersons of Taumarunui-Ōhura Ward Committee and National Park Community Board.
Nominations for the 2022 Citizen Awards will open 1 September 2022 and close 1 October 2022.
Criteria for Nominees
- Voluntary, unpaid work - going above and beyond the call of duty consistently for no personal gain.
- Significant contribution over an extended period of time - unselfish sacrifice of time and resources.
- Work was for the benefit of the community - participation in a range of activities.
- Unsuccessful nominees may be re-nominated in subsequent years.
- Nominations made in previous years are not automatically carried forward and fresh nominations should be made.
- A Queen's Honour (for example, QSM) for the same activity as the person is nominated for, renders that person ineligible for a civic award.
- Nominations for the Citizens Awards will be called for by public notice each year.
- Nominations should be made by two individuals or organisations.
- All details on the nomination form must be completed.
For further enquiries please either email the Mayor's Executive Assistant, Tessa Owen HERE or phone 07 895 8188 ext 256.