Apply online for a Building Consent
Council has introduced the Simpli portal for customers to apply and track their building consents.
The benefits of using Simpli
Currently used by over 30 councils Simpli allows anyone anyone applying for a building consent to submit, manage, and track their building consents from entering their application through to the end of the process.
- Simpli allows communication between Council and the applicant should more information be needed to process an application.
- When the Building Consent Authority approves your application, you will receive all relevant information and documents via the portal.
- The portal also allows you to create form templates that reduce the need to capture the same information, again and again, when making an application.
- To apply online you first need to register on the Simpli Portal (www.simpli.govt.nz)
you only need to do this once.
- All you need is a valid email address and a password to register to use the portal.
- Once you have registered, you can apply for a building consent at www.simpli.govt.nz/apply-online
Ensure your application form is correct and complete
- The application form has a number of parts and it is important that all sections are completed.
- You will also be required to add the documentation relevant to your project.
- Applications will not be accepted if any of the information is missing.
Submit your application
All parts of Form 2 (Building Consent application) are to be completed and submitted along with one (1) copy of all required plans and supporting documentation.
Making a payment
You will receive notification from Council, via the portal, with a pro-forma invoice for deposit fees and references numbers associated with your application. Once payment has been received by Council, your accepted application will begin processing.
Submitting your application via mail or over the counter
Although Council strongly encourages all applications be made using the Simpli portal you are still able to submit your Building Consent application via mail or over the counter at your local Council office.
If doing so please note:
- Additional charges may apply.
- Payment of deposit fees for your application must be made before the consent will be processed.
- If paying online contact Council's Building Control Administrator for a reference code and bank account details. If lodging your consent in person payment of deposit fees must be made at time of lodging.
- If posting application documents post to: Ruapehu District Council, Private Bag 1001, Taumarunui 3920
- Applications made on the old forms will be no longer be accepted.
- You will need to go to the Simpli portal tool box and download the appropriate forms as below:
- Form 2 - Building Consent (also application for Project Information Memorandum (PIM), Solid Fuel Burner, Staged Building Consent, Amendment to Building Consent, or Building Consent using a National Multiple-Use Approval (Multi-proof').
- Form 2A - Memorandum from Licensed Building Practitioner: Certificate of Design Work
- Form 2B - Statutory Declaration of Owner/Builder
All building work must be carried out in accordance with the NZ Building Code and the Ruapehu District Council's District Plan, whether or not it is exempt from a Building Consent.