The Golden Rules for everyone at Alert Level 1
- If you’re sick, stay home. Don’t go to work or school. Don’t socialise.
- If you have cold or flu symptoms call your doctor or Healthline and make sure you get tested.
- Wash your hands. Wash your hands. Wash your hands.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow, and regularly disinfect shared surfaces.
- If you are told by health authorities to self-isolate you must do so immediately.
- If you’re concerned about your wellbeing or have underlying health conditions, work with your GP to understand how best to stay healthy.
- Keep track of where you’ve been and who you’ve seen to help contact tracing if needed. Use the NZ COVID Tracer app as a handy way of doing this.
- Businesses should help people keep track of their movements by displaying the Ministry of Health QR Code for contact tracing.
- Stay vigilant. There is still a global pandemic going on. People and businesses should be prepared to act fast to step up Alert Levels if we have to.
- People will have had different experiences over the last couple of months. Whatever you’re feeling — it’s okay. Be kind to others. Be kind to yourself.
For the latest updates, more information and advice visit COVID19.govt.nz
Transitioning for Recovery.
The official State of Emergency has now ended and Council has wound down its Emergency Operations Centre (EOC). We are working with government and non-government organisations involved in the response phase to transition into recovery.
At Alert Level 1 most people will be getting back to some normality however there is still a need to ensure those that require assistance are cared for. If anyone is in need to support or advice they should call Council on 07 895 8188 or 06 385 8364 and we will ensure that they are connected with the appropriate agencies.