Trial bus service has now ended.
The trial runs from Thursday 11 July until Thursday 26 September.
Timetable and route.
The route will go from Taumarunui to Ohura via SH43 and return the same way.
For efficiency and economic reasons the service needs to be coordinated with the school bus timetable (the service will run during school holidays).
- Taumarunui 08.30 am
- Aukopae 08.55
- Tokirima 09.10
- Mangaparo 09.20
- Ohura 09.30
- Matiere 09.50
- Tuhua 10.00
- Taumarunui 10.30am
The bus for the return journey will leave the Taumarunui Railway Station at 1.30pm.
- A trip will be $6 return per person (child and adult).
- Cash only please (no EFTPOS)
- The cost of the trial is being subsidised by Council.
Prams, Walkers, Bikes and Wheelchairs.
- Prams and Walkers ARE permitted on the bus. They are stored in luggage compartments under the bus for the journey.
- Bikes and Wheelchairs are NOT permitted. Unfortunately these cannot be handled for the trial period.
Hospital and New World
The bus will stop will stop at the Hospital and New World on demand.