- Ohakune, Raetihi and Rangataua
- Kakahi, Mahoe, Manunui, Piriaka and Taumarunui
- Your refuse and recycling should be at kerbside by 7.30am on collection day
- Refuse for disposal must be in an official Ruapehu District Council rubbish bag
- A maximum of three bags will be collected from any property, any additional bags should be taken to your nearest Transfer Station.
- Official rubbish bags can be purchased at all Council Service Centres and other local shops, click on the link to see all outlets
- All recycling items go into your blue household recycling bin
Pink kerbside rubbish bags
Where can I buy official pink kerbside bags?
What can't I recycle or put in my Blue Bin?
The following types of items are unable to be recycled and should be put out in your official pink kerbside rubbish bag or taken to the Transfer Station.
- Cups, Plates and Saucers
- Ice Cream Containers
- Laundry Bottles
- Margarine Containers
- Meat Trays
- Yoghurt Containers
- not all types of glass can be recycled.
- Broken Glass (if putting out with your kerbside rubbish should be properly wrapped)
- Drinking Glasses
- Light Bulbs
- Pyrex or Arcroc
- Window Glass
- paper and cardboard that has been covered in plastic, painted or otherwise treated.
- Juice Cartons
- Painted or Waxed Paper
- Food Scraps
- Nappies (Try modern cloth nappies with council's special cloth nappy 'starter pack' offer a go and save big $$$)
- Paint and chemicals (the Transfer Stations can take these but they should not be put into the landfill)
Christmas & New Year 2018/19
This is the only time that kerbside collection days may vary.
Ohakune, Rangataua and Raetihi