Kerbside collection at ALERT LEVEL 2 and 3
- Kerbside service - Pink rubbish bags, food waste and recycling will be picked up at Level 2.
- Collection days are as per usual.
- Transfer Stations will be open usual hours.
- Transfer stations will be accepting all usual recyclables (including plastics).
- You will be required to scan/sign in. Social distancing of 2 metres where possible and masks are recommended.
- Kerbside service - Pink rubbish bags and food waste Will be picked up at Alert Level 3.
- Recycling Will NOT be picked-up kerbside due to having to manually sort.
- Collection days are as per usual .
- Transfer stations will be open usual hours.
- Transfer stations Will be accepting sorted glass, cardboard, aluminium and tin but Will Not be accepting plastics until level 2.
- Eftpos only at Taumarunui, Ohakune, National Park and Owhango. Pink bags only at Ohura and Ongarue Transfer Stations. No cash accepted.
- You will be required to scan/sign in. Social distancing of 2m and Masks are recommended.
- Taumarunui and Ohakune Shops will remain closed and re-evaluated at Level 2.
To check your collection day enter your street/road name HERE or see the table below.
Note: There are now two trucks on the collection routes. One for food waste and one for recycling and rubbish. The trucks come at different times which may be some hours apart. Please have everything out by 8am on your collection day.
Mahoe, Piriaka, Kakahi and Manunui is Tuesday for all streets for food waste, blue bin recycling and pink rubbish bags.
Waiouru is Monday for food waste.
Raetihi and Rangataua is Monday for all streets for food waste, blue bin recycling and pink rubbish bags.
Taumarunui and Ohakune have multiple pick-up days which are listed in the tables below. The street/road names are in alphabetical order.
|Braggs Avenue||Bp Road||Bell Road|
|Falkner Park||Bullians Avenue||Boles Street|
|Hikumutu Road||Byars Avenue||Campbell Street|
|Hillsview Crescent||Cherry Grove Road||Corlett Street|
|Kowhai Lane||Cross Street||East Street|
|Leese Street||Esplanade||Golf Road|
|Maher Road||Hakiaha Street||Hall Crescent|
|Main South Highway||Harvey Street||High Street|
|Marsack Road||Hekeawai Drive||Hikurangi Terrace|
|O'Reilly Crescent||Hikaia Street||Lairdvale Road|
|Puketapu Crescent||House Avenue||Manson Street|
|Racecourse Road||Huia Street||New Road|
|Rangaroa Road, numbers 24 - 91||Katarina Street||North Street|
|Steadman Street||Kenheath Place||Rangaroa Road, numbers 1 - 23B|
|Sunshine Road||Kururau Road||Roslyn Street|
|Totara Crescent||Little Road||Ruapehu Cresent|
|Tuku Street (Cul de sac end only)||Maata Street||Seath Avenue|
|Makere Street||Taupo Road||Simmons Road|
|Manuaute Street||South Street|
|Marae Street||Taringamotu Road|
|Miriama Street||Tarrangower Avenue|
|Morero Terrace||Ward Street|
|Ngatai Street||West Street|
|Pei Te Hurinui Drive|
|Te Peka Street|
|Tuku Street (between Taupo Rd and Ngatai St)|
|Whanganui River Road|
|Alpine Way||Arawa Street|
|Bracken Street||Awatea Place|
|Burns Street||Ayr Street|
|Carex Way||Clyde Street|
|Carter Terrace||Conway Street|
|Cordyline Place||Karamu Place|
|Egmont Street||Lee Street|
|Fern Lane||Maire Way|
|Foyle Street||Mangawhero Terrace|
|Hebe Lane||Manuaka Street|
|Huia Rise||Martin Place|
|Kahikatea Lane||Miro Street (3-131)|
|Kanuka Lane||Puka Lane|
|Kanuka Way||Rata Street|
|Karo Street||Shannon Street|
|Kauri Way||Snowberry Lane|
|Kowhai Crescent||Tainui Street|
|Kowhai Heights||Tay Street|
|Kowhai Way||Ti Kouka Place|
|Magnolia Way||Wye Street|
|Miro Street (132-175)|
|Ohakune Mountain Road|
|Old Station Road|
|Raetihi Ohakune Road|
|State Highway 49|
|Toe Toe Lane|