Ruapehu District Council undertakes to provide a reliable and responsive interment service, including administration, record, enquiry and burial services of deceased persons at cemeteries within the district.
It is always hard to deal with the loss of loved ones and Council aims to support family and friends with a respectful environment and professional assistance.
There are two types of cemeteries in the district:
- Urban cemeteries generally have old sections which do not have concrete berms. New sections all have concrete berms and RSA sections, which generally have concrete berms (Taumarunui New, Ohakune, Raetihi and Manunui).
- Rural cemeteries generally do not have concrete berms, (Rangataua, Ohura, Matiere, Raurimu, Owhango and Taumarunui Old).
- Cemetery Guide - Matiere and Ohura (PDF, 950.5KB)
- Cemetery Guide - Ohakune Raetihi and Rangataua (PDF, 1012.2KB)
- Cemetery Guide - Owhango and Raurimu (PDF, 1MB)
- Cemetery Guide - Taumarunui and Manunui (PDF, 1MB)
- Procedures for Disinterments - Burial and Cremation Act 1964 (PDF, 167.7KB)