Waste Minimisation Services and Education
Waste Minimisation and Sustainability Education Programme
Council's strategic planning document for minimising Ruapehu's waste is our Waste Management and Minimisation Plan (WMMP) 2018-2028 The WMMP sets out Council's vision, goals, objectives and targets for waste minimisation along with a strategy and action plan for achieving them.
Helping communities to minimise their waste
A key part of the WMMP implementation has been the provision of Waste Minimisation and Sustainability Workshops aimed at giving people the knowledge and skills to reduce their waste footprint. The fun, free workshops are where your school class, business, community group or organisationcan learn heaps of easy to do waste minimisation and sustainability skills.
We have workshops on worm farms and compost, pickles and preserved fruit, beeswax wraps, no-sew bags, produce bags and delicious kai from Love Food Hate Waste seasonal cookbooks and many other things.
To discuss workshops or educational needs for your school class, business, community group or organisation please email Emily or call her on 027 203 1247 or via your local Council office 07 895 8188 or 06 385 8364.
Click for Waste Minimisation and Sustainability Workshops or in the side menu.
- Beeswax Wraps Recipe (PDF, 150KB)
- Yoghurt Recipe (PDF, 159.8KB)
- Cloth Nappies - Brochure (PDF, 15MB)
- Cloth Nappy Poster (PDF, 4.16MB)
- Composting Brochure (PDF, 65.9MB)
- Worm Farm Brochure (PDF, 8.16MB)
- Guide to Food Waste Collection (PDF, 8.63MB)
- Guide to Kerbside Collection (PDF, 7.88MB)
- Guide to Recycling Collection (PDF, 8.49MB)