Submitting An Application
The following should be supplied by the applicant:
- Letter of Application.
- Completed Job Application Form, including two work-related referees.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- If sending your application by mail, please send photocopies only (no originals, no folders, please).
- All applications must be received by the closing date and will be acknowledged upon receipt.
- After closing date, a number of applicants are selected for interview. Shortlisting is usually completed within two weeks of the closing date for applications. If you are not initially selected for interview, your application still remains current until recruitment for the position is completed.
- If you are invited to attend an interview, these are generally held in either Taumarunui or Ohakune, between 8am and 5pm, and will be conducted by two or more Council Officers. Interviews will usually take place within one to four weeks after the closing date for applications.
- After reference checks are completed and the interviewers make a decision on the successful applicant, an offer is made, usually by telephone and then confirmed in writing.
- When the offer is accepted, all other applicants are advised that they are unsuccessful and that an appointment has been made. This usually occurs one to two weeks after the completion of interviews.